Sunday, July 29, 2012

What I Wore: Chocolate-Covered Strawberry








Dress: Vintage from Freestyle Clothing Exchange, belt: Thrift Town
shoes: vintage borrowed from my little sister, butterfly pendant: family heirloom

Finally got around to wearing the new day dress I recently bought from Freestyle Clothing Exchange downtown. They buy, sell, and trade clothes, including lots of vintage, and I thoroughly enjoyed my very first visit. A part of me is really sad that I only now dropped in considering I've only got about a week and a half left here in Sac. I'm really looking forward to moving back to Orange County; I've missed it so much! I'm going to be living with a family friend who was kind enough to lend me a room for a few months until I can get on my feet, but I'll be staying with a dear old friend from way back (I'm talkin' middle school years here), and I'm also stoked to be road tripping back with my friend Jonathan. I'm definitely grateful that I won't have to make the trip alone...

But anyway! I love this dress. I traded some items for it, and couldn't be happier with said choice. Its chocolate brown with the cutest little antique pink pearl buttons and lace collar. I may re-furbish the lace and buttons though, namely because one of the original buttons is missing and they don't always stay put. I'm thinking some slightly bigger buttons will do a bit better (that way, I won't have to velcro the chest closed), and I may change the lace to match. I feel like a chocolate covered berry with my hair color. I wasn't sure that I liked it at first (it was an accident), but its growing on me, literally and figuratively. I've been getting lots of compliments on it surprisingly, one particularly awesome one came from 1/2 of The Fame Riot, who were in town to perform at Launch, which I unfortunately missed, but they promised to come back and play again!

1 comment:

  1. You are AMAZING! I love your blog and I'm your very first Bloglovin follower, I really hope we'll keep in touch.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete