Thursday, August 2, 2012

What I wore: Tuesday thrifting with the sis








Vintage shirt: Goodwill, vintage skirt: Thrift Town, shoes: Converse

So this is what I wore thrifting with my sister yesterday. This is one of my favorite new(er) skirts that I picked up recently, coincidentally on the trip before last to Thrift Town. I picked it up, along with another pencil skirt that I adore. I love the teal color of this one and the button and accordion pleats at the bottom hem on the back. This tee shirt has been one of my go-to pieces this summer. I bought a few years ago at the Goodwill in Huntington Beach, which I'm excited to frequent again when I get back. I love this outfit, partly because its so casual and cute, partly because of the colors all together.

You can also how my hair turned out a lot better here than the pic I posted before. I love how it turned out! For this who are interested, I followed this tutorial that I found on youtube:



This video has given me the best results, by far, for the perfect, easy-to-do, low-maintenance 1940s style. Tash certainly knows what she's doing! (And she's absolutely gorgeous to boot!)

Now to finish packing things for my road trip on Monday with Jonathan!

xoxo Coco

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried wet setting / pin curling your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! Many times to no avail, unfortunately. I have naturally kinky-curly hair (an afro in essence) so it curls back up if I get it wet... I always have to style my hair dry/straight.

    I usually curl with an iron, or hot rollers. My hot rollers are on their last leg though, so I need to invest in another set ASAP! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely lovely! I'm so very glad I stumbled upon your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Evangeline! I appreciate that so much! :)

    ReplyDelete